Configure POP3 for Outlook XP/2002/2003
This page explains how to configure Outlook XP/2002/2003 to access the family email
server via POP3
Please note the Incoming Server is mail.gemalmaz.net ,
The Outgoing Server is mail.gemalmaz.net
The screenshots shown on this page were taken from Outlook 2003 for Windows.
If it is for the first time you are using the Outlook 2003, a wizard will walk you
through automatically. However if you already have Outlook setup then you need to
select Tools | E-mail Accounts | Add a new e-mail account from
the menu bar.
- Select Yes to configure an email account
- Select POP3 as the Server Type
- Type in your name and email address in the Your Name
and E-mail Address boxes
- If you are a member of staff, then enter mail.gemalmaz.net in the
Incoming mail server (POP3) box
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box type in mail.gemalmaz.net
- Type in your Family Emails Address (e.g.
firstname.lastname@example.org ) into the User Name box
- If you don't want to be prompted for the account password every time then type in
the password into the Password box, and tick the Remember password
- DO NOT tick the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)
- Click on the More Settings button
- Under the Outgoing Server tab select the option
My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Choose the setting Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click on OK, then click on Next, and finally click on Finish to create the new account
You can now use Outlook to access your Gemalamz Family email account.